The Oaks at Ojai (California)
I don't want to state the obvious, but what the heck, I will! If you do not on a regular basis get enough sleep (7-9 hours a night), then you are on a regular basis compromised! Studies show that sleep deprivation has many root systems and just as many negative effects that "flower" from those roots.
Let's look at some roots:
- Poor Eating Habits: Too much sugar, caffeine, alcohol, plain old too much
- Not enough exercise: Not expending proper amounts of energy can leave you restless
- Unattended hormones, adrenals, or a malfunctioning thyroid: Be aware and pro active
- Stress: You hit the hay and rehash the day- not good. Find healthier ways to release
- Sleep Apnea: This breathing abnormality can be diagnosed and treated at a Sleep Center
- Depression: It isn't all in your head and sleeplessness is just one of the many negatives
The effects of sleep deprivation are obvious:
- Diminished ability to concentrate
- Loss of interest, energy, and enthusiasm
- Short temper and moodiness
- Over eating to compensate for fatigue
- Compromised immune system
- Difficulty losing weight
Add in your personal experience and observation- and then do what you need to do to ensure that you are regularly getting enough sleep to recharge your batteries!
Don't underestimate the power of the Z's!